When it comes to safety, installation and repairs of your garage door should be done by a trained professional. However there are some things you can do to promote safe use of your overhead door.
Get Safety Guide
DASMA Safety Guidelines
Safe practices with your garage door should be done every day. The Door and Access Systems Manufacturers Association (DASMA) offers these safety guidelines to follow:
- Do not stand or walk under a moving garage door
- Do not let children play with transmittors or remotes
- Install push button controls out of reach of children
- Keep your door in sight during operation
- Teach children to keep hands and fingers away from the garage door
Additional Pet Recommendations
- Do not leave your garage door open for your dog or cat.
- A better alternative to is to install a garage door with pet door.
- Do not allow or encourage dogs or cats to chew on cables.
- Do not tie your dog or cat to your garage door.
- Always check the top of your open garage door for perched cats and other obstructions before closing it.